Thursday, April 30, 2015

April Favorites

Today we say goodbye to April and say hello to May. Flowers are blooming, the weather is warmer, and the pool will be opening in just a few weeks. Everyone is wearing shorts and flip-flops, and the fear of snow days is gone for good.

Okay, now that I'm done waxing poetic on the seasons, happy May! Here are a few of my favorite things this April that I want to share with you:

Blog Posts
This post from The Rebelution is such a good article, giving great advice for how to stay motivated in our daily hard things when we feel like all we want to do is watch TV.

35 Things I Wish I'd Know in High School, by Erin from Lies Young Women Believe, is a great list of truths to remember during our teen years. I especially like #6: "Being the prettiest or most popular girl in school matters for about half a second after graduation. In contrast, being the kindest girl in school gets remembered well past your ten-year reunion."

Books
Recently I've been reading two nonfiction books by my pastor: My God is True: Lessons Learned Along Cancer's Dark Road (which I just finished), and Setting Our Sights on Heaven (which I've just started), by Paul Wolfe. They are really good, full of Biblical truth with some humor sprinkled in (and I promise I'm not just biased because he's my pastor!).

(Also, I finally watched the three original Star Wars movies this month. Am I the only one who has gone fourteen years without seeing them??)

How about you? Do you have any favorites you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment