Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Surviving Public School: Conclusion (the most important thing)

I've decided that it's time to wrap up this series; I feel like it's stretching on and on and would like to devote more time to the 100 Ways to Live for God series. I've covered the basics, so instead of discussing specific classes over the next few months, I'm ending it here.

In case you missed any, here are the posts in the (mini) series:
Getting up on time
Morning routine
Bus ride
Class tips

The Most Important Tip
The most important thing to remember when you are in a secular environment (i.e. public school) every day is that God is always with you.

Isaiah 41:10-13 says,

"Fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

"Behold, all who are incensed against you
shall be put to shame and confounded;
those who strive against you
shall be as nothing and shall perish.
You shall seek those who contend with you, but you shall not find them;
those who war against you shall be as nothing at all.
For I, the Lord your God,
hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, 'Fear not,
I am the one who helps you.'"

Do you see that? God promises to strengthen, help, and uphold us. He will give us the ability to resist the temptations of the secular world and keep our eyes on Him. He helps us every day, no matter what we go through. Trusting in that promise is the most important tip I can give for surviving public school (or anything, for that matter).

What do you think? Did you enjoy this series? Do you find encouragement in God's promise?

No comments:

Post a Comment