Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving Challenge Conclusion

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

As of yesterday, the Thanksgiving Challenge officially drew to a close. I hope many of you experienced the blessing of thanking God for the everyday things in your life. And if, like me, you fell far behind and did not get to the goal amount of things on the list, it was still beneficial to do. Even if you only wrote five things down, you are getting a start on forming a lifelong habit of giving thanks to God every day.

A few things I learned:

  • It's hard to put this sort of thing as a priority. At night, I would often be too tired after a busy day to give much thought to what I was thankful for in the day. 
  • Every little bit helps! I found myself, after writing down just a few things during the month, beginning to thank God whenever I found myself appreciating a good thing or circumstance in my life. Most of these did not get written down, but I was forming a habit of thankfulness.
  • We tend to take things for granted. Don't take it for granted if you were with family yesterday, with a roof over your head, eating turkey and pumpkin pie. Someone had to work hard to make all of the food you ate. If you think about it that way, you have more of a tendency to be thankful instead of complaining about what you don't have. 

What do you think? Did you participate in this challenge? Did you find that it helped you be more thankful in your everyday life?

No comments:

Post a Comment