Friday, November 7, 2014

Thanksgiving Challenge Update

Hi!
Sorry I haven't posted lately...I've been sick for most of the week. But don't worry! I'm feeling better, the blog is still up and running and I have lots of great posts coming!

So the Thanksgiving challenge has been the last thing on my mind for the past couple of days while I've been in bed all day, as I'm sure you can imagine. I'm realizing how hard it really is to be focusing on God's gifts all day, every day, especially when you're sick!
(If you missed the Thanksgiving Challenge post, you can find it here.)

A few samples from my list so far:

  • Clean rooms
  • Fellow Christian friends
  • Sisters
  • Sleep
Also, I just wanted to remind everyone that it's okay if you miss a few days, like I have, and don't write anything. That doesn't mean you should give up! It's better to have a few short of the goal than to have nothing at all. It's not really about the numbers; it's about training our minds to think gratefully throughout our lives. 

What do you think? Are you taking the challenge? How is it going for you?

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I am taking the thanksgiving challenge. I find it rather easy actually becaus I hve so much to be thankful for:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that God is blessing your life right now!
      One of the points of the challenge is definitely to focus on God even when things are coasting along and we aren't having any trouble. I think we tend to lean on God more when He sends trials and then we he blesses us we forget about Him. It's important to thank him for the many things he has blessed us with!

      Delete