Thursday, May 28, 2015

A Challenge to Shift Your Mindset

At church on Sunday, someone mentioned something that I thought was a great tip for changing the way we look at things in the Christian life.

It's very simple.

Instead of thinking that you have to do something, think that you get to do something.

So...

Instead of "I have to dress modestly", think "I get to dress modestly to honor God and my future spouse."

Instead of "I have to be thankful", think "I get to be thankful for all of the gifts God has given me."

Instead of "I have to be patient", think "I get to be patient to show God's love to others."

Instead of "I have to read the Bible", think "I get to read the Bible to be encouraged and learn more about my faith."

Do you get the picture?

If we made an effort to think like this, it would have a radical effect on our happiness. You can apply this in every area of your life, not just your faith, and watch your attitude improve.

Will you give it a try with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment