Friday, May 15, 2015

Projects, Toes, and Thoughts on Motherhood

When it rains, it really does pour...as I have discovered in the past couple of weeks.

I want to start updating you on things that are going on with me, both good and bad, and things that I love. I will try to do a post like this on Fridays. I hope that it will help you get to know me better and see that I am a really real person.

The Good
  • Having one day in the week where you're super productive and get lots done.
  • Doing a fun project with a friend for school and having a great time putting it together.
  • Getting together with family to celebrate a birthday over the weekend!
The Bad
  • We can start with the really bad...both of my guinea pigs died. It was very sad and unexpected.
  • Having to wear a huge boot because of a broken toe. Yes, a toe.
  • Hymns that are sung too slowly at church!! (does anyone else get as annoyed at this as me?)
  • Homework, SOLs, and math. Need I say more?
What I Like
  • She Said Yes: The Unlikely Martyrdom of Cassie Bernall is an incredible story of a teen who was killed in a school shooting because she admitted to being a Christian. Amazing (and quick) read!!
  • This article at Lies Young Women Believe (but written by a guy, so definitely not just for girls!!) about how our phones are our best friends.
  • Peter Hollens, an acapella singer with tons of amazing YouTube videos. He does versions of tons of different songs ranging from Over the Rainbow to BeyoncĂ©. Check him out!
Some Thoughts
Since Sunday was Mother's Day, I was thinking a lot about motherhood, and about how many girls and women talk about not wanting kids at all. I think they have totally missed the point!

God designed women to be able to have children, and being a mother is the main task he has for most women. It's a blessing and a gift to have children, and something I have always wanted, so it always shocks me when I hear people talking about not wanting kids.

I'm not saying that women shouldn't have a career at all, but God designed the family and put it in place the way he wanted it to work. Motherhood is so important, and many people have lost sight of that. Mothers have a direct impact on the future in the way they raise their children; after all, they are the future writers and speakers and politicians of the world.

I wanted to write a blog post on this, but didn't get it done, so for the moment this "rant" will have to do. I hope it makes sense, because I'm writing this at 9pm for lack of better things to do (except, you know, go to bed).

Happy weekend!

-Love, Grace

2 comments:

  1. Aw sorry about your guinea pigs! I totally agree with you on the motherhood thing. Good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been on my mind for a while, so it's good to get it out.

      Delete