Thursday, July 2, 2015

Dear Future Husband

*This post was inspired by Amanda's post at her blog, Scattered Journal Pages. 

Dear Future Husband,

Here's a few things you'll need to know if you wanna be my one and only all my life...

I want you to know that I pray for you every day, that you will grow more and more in your walk of faith. 

'Cause if you treat me right, I'll be the perfect wife...

I am striving every day to become the kind of woman you're looking for and praying that I will be able to love you with a selfless, self-sacrificing love. 

...You got that 9 to 5, but baby, so do I, so don't be thinking I'll be home and baking apple pies, I never learned to cook...

I know that raising a family and taking care of a home is the most important calling I have in life, and am learning the skills I need now to be a blessing to you. 

...You gotta know how to treat me like a lady, even when I'm acting crazy...

I will always try to act like a lady and make you proud to treat me like one. 

...After every fight, just apologize...even if I was wrong. You know I'm never wrong, why disagree?...

I know that we're both human and there will be disagreements. I pray that we will both be able to admit when we are wrong and that we will never let fighting come between us.

...future husband, better love me right.

I pray that I will be able to love you selflessly and fully, and that we will always put God first.

Love,
Grace

*The italicized portions of this post came from Meghan Trainor's song, "Dear Future Husband". 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Grace! I like this post a lot. :) Thank you for mentioning me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I love reading your blog; the posts are so inspiring! :)

      Delete