Friday, July 3, 2015

Getting to Know Me: Clothes and Books (+several blog updates)

Today's icebreaker questions:

If you could live in any other time period, only for the clothes, which one would it be?
Hmm...probably the 50s. I love the vintage-looking dresses and shoes and I think most of the ones I like are 50s style.

What are your favorite books?
I hate this question.

First of all, because I have like 20 favorites, and second of all, because I can never remember them all when I actually have to answer the question. Then I inevitably think of some more after the question has already been answered. But here goes...

  • Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris
  • Dancing Through It by Jenifer Ringer
  • Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
  • The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
  • Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
  • Mara, Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw
  • Beauty and The Outlaws of Sherwood by Robin McKinley
  • The Chronicles of Prydain series by Lloyd Alexander
  • Eight Cousins, Rose in BloomLittle Men, and An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott
  • Elsie Dinsmore series by Martha Finley  
  • Mitford series by Jan Karon
  • The Penderwicks series by Jeanne Birdsall
  • Pride and Prejudice, Emma by Jane Austen
  • Ella Enchanted, Fairest by Gail Carson Levine
  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
  • A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Is that enough for you yet? I'm sure there are more that I can't think of, but the ones that made it on that list right now are ones that I have read over and over or that had an emotional effect on me that I still remember.

And now, some blog updates:

Weekly Challenge Update
I succeeded at this challenge this week through memorizing 1 Chronicles 16:8-9. I hope to finish memorizing the rest of that poem in my devotional time in the next few weeks.

There won't be a challenge next week (see below...) so keep reading your Bible and memorizing Scripture!

Going on a Blogging Break
Tomorrow, I leave with my family to go to the beach. So, starting tomorrow, I'll be taking a weeklong blogging break. I want to put away the electronics and spend time relaxing and recharging in the coming week.

Since there won't be any new posts next week, check out some of these popular posts from the archives:
Have a great week! See you after my break!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I vaguely remember reading Ella Enchanted as a kid. It was really fun and to be honest, I wouldn't mind a re-read. Always read the Harris brothers book way back when, too.

    Yay for the 50s vintage clothing. It was a really fun style. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely reread Ella Enchanted. It's so good!

      Delete