Friday, July 17, 2015

Getting to Know Me: Movies and Authors (+weekly challenge update)

So...I didn't post much this week. Sorry about that. 

The lack of a post on Tuesday was actually planned, since that was my birthday. I am now officially 15 years old! Yesterday it just...didn't happen. Unfortunately. I will get back on schedule now, hopefully. This is what vacation does to you. 

On to today's getting to know me questions...

What are your favorite movies?
Probably my all-time favorite movie is Amazing Grace, a movie that tells the story of William Wilberforce. It is so good. Go watch it.

I also love Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, so obviously those movies make the list. Also, the Avengers movies. My favorites of those are both Thor movies, both Captain America movies, both Avengers movies, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Basically everything except Iron Man. 

Oh, and The Princess Bride. And the first Pirates of the Caribbean. Also Pride and Prejudice (BBC), the new Cinderella, Into the Woods, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, and Tangled.

That's a long list. 

Who is your favorite author?
I am not capable of answering this question.

Okay, I'll try...if I have to pick an absolute favorite, like  I couldn't do without their books, I would say J.R.R. Tolkien. But it's close between him and many others...

Weekly Challenge update...
This one (prayer all throughout the day) was kind of hard to measure. I think I do okay with this, since it's already kind of a habit for me. But it's not as clear-cut as the others were, and it's definitely an area I can still grow in.

What do you think? What are your favorite movies and authors? How did you do with the weekly challenge? Leave me a comment and tell me! 

2 comments:

  1. Fun. Love your list of movies. You've got good taste, Grace. Love Amazing Grace, the Marvel Universe and of course, pretty much any costume drama (Pride and Prejudice). Oh, and Cinderella, Into the Woods and of course, the "Pirates" movies are fun.

    Happy (belated) birthday. Hope your day was special. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, after listing all of those I now want to go watch them :)
      Thanks for the birthday wishes!

      Delete