Friday, January 9, 2015

Book Review: Devotions for the God Girl

I received a devotional book for Christmas called Devotions for the God Girl by Hayley DiMarco. I started using it at the beginning of the year and so far it has been a great book.

The book is divided into 365 one-page devotionals going in chronological order through the Bible. Each day starts with a Bible verse and then there is a reading by the author of the book that draws a lesson from whatever Bible story the verse comes from.

The very first thing you read is an introduction, challenging you to spend half an hour with God every day. The book poses this challenge:

"If you think you are too busy to spend a half hour with God, make a list of everyone you spend more time with in conversation during the day and list God below them...Give your time to him and watch how it impacts your day and even your life." 

The devotionals are well-done and bring up many excellent, thought-provoking points. It provides a direction for my Bible reading each day so that I'm not tempted to skip because I don't know what to read. Since starting this book, I have been getting up fifteen minutes earlier then usual to have more time for devotions; I didn't think I would be able to do this but it's actually going pretty well!

What do you think? Would you use this devotional? Have you used it before? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment