Wednesday, October 22, 2014

7 Tips for Dressing Modestly

Over the past few weeks I have been discussing modesty. We talked about the why behind it, and we also talked about how to develop your own modesty standards for the way you dress. Today I want to provide some tips to fellow teen girls who want to dress modestly but also want to look cute and trendy.

So without further ado, here are some tips for making clothes modest and looking stylish and cute while honoring God.

  • I suggest stocking up on tank tops in various colors and neutrals to wear under crop tops, sheer tops, shirts with a low neckline, etc. 
  • I know how hard it is to find shorts that aren't too short! Some of my best finds have been shorts that look good rolled up or down, so I could roll them as little or as much as I wanted. Try looking for shorts like that.
  • If you have a spaghetti strap shirt that you really love, try wearing it with a jacket or cardigan on top to make it more modest.
  • Wear leggings under dresses and skirts that are too short to wear alone.
  • Please, PLEASE do not wear leggings how you would wear any other pants. If you do wear leggings as your only pants, wear a shirt that is long enough to cover you. 
  • On that note, be careful with skinny jeans and other skinny pants. Make sure you feel totally comfortable in them. If you think they look too tight on you, wear a longer shirt. 
  • Accessories are your friend when trying to dress stylishly and modestly! Cute and tasteful scarves, belts, jewelry, and hair accessories can take your look to a whole other level. Shoes can also make or break your look!
Remember, the most important rule you can follow is that if you feel self-conscious or exposed in it, there is no reason to wear it! Always wear what you feel comfortable in and what makes you happy.

Next Steps: Make an effort to start dressing like this every day. If it helps, plan your outfits the night before.

What do you think? Do you agree with this tips? Do you have other tips to offer? Do you have any questions I could answer in another post?

3 comments:

  1. I saw this and thought it was good. But also just because you wear short shorts once in a while doesn't make you a bad person In my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend Fresh Modesty for all of these. Looking for some style? That's the place to go. Modest is hottest after all. :)

    Hey, so it is nice to meet you, Grace - I found you from a Lies Young Women Believe blog comment. Nice work here, will be following you in the future. :)

    Aliyah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Fresh Modesty! One of my favorite places to go for some inspiration.
      Glad you are enjoying the blog!

      Delete