Friday, October 17, 2014

Movie Review: Amazing Grace

Today I thought I would share with you one of my absolute favorite movies: Amazing Grace, a movie that tells the story of William Wilberforce, starring Ioan Gruffudd as Wilberforce, Romola Garai as his wife, Barbara, and Benedict Cumberbatch as the Prime Minister and Wilberforce's good friend, William Pitt. (Rated PG for the mature themes involving slavery and some mild language.)

What I love about this movie is that it shows not only the glorious moments of his life, but also the thankless things he did. The first scene you see is of him stopping his carriage in the rain to stop some men from beating a horse who has fallen down.

There are so many amazing moments in this movie that you just want to watch over and over again. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it!

What do you think? Have you seen this movie? Do you like it? If you haven't seen it, do you want to?

3 comments:

  1. Have you seen the movie, "God's Not Dead"???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this movie, but you'll probably make me eventually.
    teehee!

    ReplyDelete