Saturday, June 27, 2015

Book Club: The Bookshelf Tag

Today I'm doing something a little different and am going to participate in this bookshelf tag that I read about on The Road of a Writer. You probably know already how much I love books, and I hope you have as much fun reading this as I did writing it!

Describe your bookshelf (or wherever it is you keep your books) and where you got it from: My bookshelf is a white, open-sided, sort of slanted shelf from Ikea. The shelves get progressively deeper from bottom to top. I'm having some trouble describing it...oh, well.

Do you have any special or different way of organizing your books? Aside from them usually being all over the floor? Just kidding. As I said, some of the individual shelves on my bookshelf are deeper than others, so by necessity my books are sort of arranged by size. 

What's the thickest (most amount of pages) book on your shelf? The Hitchhiker's Trilogy by Douglas Adams (all five books in one) at 839 pages. 

What's the thinnest (least amount of pages) book on your shelf? I'll be totally honest...Doll Crafts from the American Girl kit. Why is this still on my shelf??

Is there a book you received as a birthday gift? Tons! But a favorite would be The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall.

What's the smallest (by height and width) book on your shelf? A tiny Bible that I keep in my backpack during the school year.

What's the biggest (by height and width) book on your shelf? A coffee-table book on Degas.

Is there a book from a friend on your shelf? You mean as a gift? There are quite a few...

Most expensive book? I have no idea.
 
The last book you read on your shelf? I think it was Beauty by Robin McKinley.

Of all the books on your shelf, which was the first one you read? I don't know for sure...but I know that one I read very early on was Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson.

Do you have more than one copy of a book? No. That would drive me crazy.

Do you have the complete series of any book series? Um, Lord of the Rings, Percy Jackson, The Penderwicks, the Hitchhiker's Trilogy, The Chronicles of Prydain...and I could probably think of more.

What's the newest addition to your shelf? Unwind by Neal Shusterman and Lord of the Flies. These are both for summer homework. That doesn't mean I won't enjoy reading them!

What book has been on your shelf FOREVER? Probably Emil and the Detectives by Erich Kastner, which I got for my tenth birthday.

What's the most recently published book on your shelf? Most likely Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys.

The oldest book on your shelf (as in, the actual copy is old)? It's a toss-up between The Gold Shoe by Grace Livingston Hill, Lord Peter by Dorothy Sayers, and Christy by Catherine Marshall, all books I stole from my mom.

A book you won? None.

A book you'd hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you would never let someone borrow)? I can't think of one at the moment.

Most beat-up book? Aside from the aforementioned old ones, maybe The Penderwicks? There isn't really one that stands out form all the others.

Most pristine book? The newest additions, see above.

A book from your childhood? Betsy-Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace. Actually these might trump Bridge to Terabithia for a book that I read first.

A book that's not actually your book? Several devotionals that I stole from my mom.

A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover, etc.)? None that I can think of.

A book that is your favorite color? I don't even know what my favorite color is at the moment.

Book that's been on your shelf longest that you STILL haven't read? The above mentioned Emil and the Detectives. I've had it since my tenth birthday and still haven't read it all the way through. It's really sad.

Any signed books? Sadly, I don't think I have a single one.

Leave me a comment to tell me if you enjoyed this! And if you want to do this tag on your blog, go right ahead!


2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun tag...

    I've heard amazing things about Beauty and do enjoy a good fairytale re-telling, so perhaps I should finally pick it up.

    I'd enjoy having more signed books - especially by authors who's books I like, but I don't ever get to signings. The few I do have are awesome. :)

    Thanks so much for the blog follow, Grace. Visit Dreaming Under the Same Moon anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauty is so good. I love all of Robin McKinley's books, but Beauty is one of my favorites!
      Your blog looks great. I can't wait to read more of it!

      Delete