Tuesday, June 2, 2015

I Surrender All

Do you ever have those times where you feel listless, unable or unwilling to do anything, not motivated, and you can't help but think that your life is a big mess, even if nothing abnormal is going on?

Do you feel like there's no point in praying, because God is too far away?

How can we find hope in times like this? How can we pull ourselves out of this sadness and depression and find the joy and peace that God promises us?

I'm such a good Christian! we cry. I do all of the right things! I pray and read my Bible and go to church and act selflessly and work hard. Why don't I feel joy?

We try to be perfect, believing that if we can just work harder at following God's commands that everything will come right.

But is it always that easy?

Does joy and peace come from following all of the rules?

Or does that just lead to stress and anxiety?

The only way to feel the peace of God is to give our anxiety and sadness to Him. Surrender our lives to Him. Let Him know that we trust Him in everything. Give Him the front seat and let Him lead us wherever He desires.

Succumbing to pointless sadness does nothing for our lives. It doesn't make anything better. It hinders our work for Him and makes us unable to see past the everyday.

Our cry every day, instead of Lord, I don't deserve this! should be Lord, lead me and help me to trust you more!

Whatever a day may bring, we have to learn to trust that God has everything in His hand. He knows what we need most, and He will provide.

Trusting is hard. Trusting sometimes feels like more effort than it's worth. It can seem easier to stay in our sadness, crying and moping and persuading ourselves that there's nothing worth doing.

But is the easier way always the best way?

My prayer is that God would help me to trust, help me to surrender my wishes to His, help me to realize that His ways are better than my ways.

Only when we can trust God fully will we receive true peace.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything with prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment