Monday, June 22, 2015

Weekly Challenge: the B-I-B-L-E

Remember when I said that I had another plan for writing in detail about everything on the 100 Ways to Start Living Your Faith list?

Well, this is it! Every week I will present a new challenge from one of the things on the list and post some thoughts about it. Each Friday I will check in and update you on how the challenge is going for me.

The Challenge
#1: Read your Bible every day. Study it, talk about it, and ask God to help it come alive.

This week's challenge is to read your Bible for at least 15 minutes every day. And don't just read mindlessly; really study it.

You can jot notes in the Bible itself or use a separate notebook for the purpose. You can study it in detail, write down a few thoughts, or simply choose one verse from your reading to focus in on. It doesn't matter what you do, just do something to be engaged with the passage.

It doesn't matter where you read, either. Start in Genesis. Start in Matthew. Start in Psalms or Romans or Esther or even Revelation. Just read something every day.

Further Reading

Leave me a comment if you plan to take the challenge! What will you read? How will you study the passage?

No comments:

Post a Comment